How to make a Puerto Rican Beef Stew.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 2 lbs red meat, cut into cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 6 medium potatoes, cut in half or into cubes
- 2 carrots, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon achiote seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano, ground
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 coriander leaves, (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- In a large pot, add beef, bay leaves, onions and garlic with 2 cups of water, or the necessary amount to cover the meat.
- Cook covered on medium-high heat for 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Add potatoes, carrots, seasoning, oregano, cilantro, coriander, cumin, salt, pepper and tomato paste.
- Cook uncovered on low heat, for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.