How to make a Potato & Chorizo Stir Fry.
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE:
- 4 potatoes (cut into small cubes, no need to peel if they are new)
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped)
- 1 chorizo sausage, cut into 1cm thick slices (skin removed first)
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 1 bay leaf
- 30ml olive oil
- 200ml water
- sea salt to taste
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and add the onions and the garlic, cooking until golden.
- Add the chorizo and cook until browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes to your pan, stirring to coat them in the oil released by the chorizo.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- When the potatoes start to brown, add the paprika, the salt, bay leaf and the water, pouring in just enough to mostly cover the mixture.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are cooked through and the water has reduced by approximately half leaving a thick stew – about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, check the seasoning and then serve together with crusty bread.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.