How to make a Potato and Chorizo Stew.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
- 500 g potatoes
- 125 g chorizo
- 400 ml water
- 1 red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 bay leafs
- 50 ml white wine
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
- Peel the red onion and cut it into rings.
- Remove the garlic from the outer layer and cut into cubes.
- Halve the chorizo lengthwise and then cut into parts of about 0,5 inch.
- Cut the spring onion into rings and keep the white and green parts separated.
Making the stew:
- Heat olive oil in a pot and then add the red onion in rings.
- Press the garlic through the garlic press and add it to the onion.
- Deglaze the onions after a few minutes with the white wine.
- Let it reduce briefly.
- Then add the cubes of chorizo sausage.
- Soon the red moisture will be set free.
- Then add the potatoes.
- Add water to the stew until everything is just submerged.
- Finally, add the bay leaves.
- Then put the lid on the pot and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 15 minutes you can add the white spring onion rings and season the stew to taste.
- If you want the sauce to thicken more, smash a few of the pices of potatoes and give a stir.
- After 20 minutes you can transfer the stew into deep plates and finish with the green rings of the spring onion.
- Fresh crusty bread for dipping in the delicious sauce is optional but highly recommended!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.