How to make a Pot Roasted Chicken with Thyme and Lemon.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 1.5 kg whole chicken
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 small onions, halved
- 200 g (7 ounce) cherry tomatoes
- 150 ml (5 fluid ounce) chicken stock
- 2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 2 lemons, halved
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to season
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
- Place the carrots, onions and cherry tomatoes into a large casserole dish.
- Sit the chicken on top and pour over the stock.
- Sprinkle over the Thyme and season well.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 1 hour 25 minutes, basting occasionally with the pan juices.
- Remove the lid, add the lemon and cook for a further 20 minutes to brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.