How to make a Portuguese Style Seafood Pasta.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 400 g prawns
- 500 g clams
- 150 g crab sticks
- 1 onion medium
- 1 onion small, to cook the shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic
- coriander, to taste
- 3 Tomato ripe, medium
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 200 g penne pasta
- 75 ml white wine
- 1 tsp paprika
- 50 ml olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Wash the clams under running water and set aside.
- Put the shrimp in a saucepan with water seasoned with some salt and a small onion.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- When it starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for 6 to 7 minutes.
- When the shrimp is cooked, drain it with a skimmer and let it cool.
- Peel the shrimp and set aside.
- Put the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlic in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden.
- Add the peeled tomato cut into small pieces and cook until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally.
- Then, pour the white wine and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta, the clams and season with some salt, pepper and paprika.
- Stir, pour the water (enough water to completely cover the mixture) and boil over medium-high heat.
- When it starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
- When the pasta is almost cooked and the clams start to open, add the crab sticks cut into pieces and the shrimp.
- Stir and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]