How to make Portuguese Style Mussels.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2 lbs mussels
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped or sliced
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 fresh red chilli peppers
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp red or white vinegar
- 1 cup white wine
- Salt, to taste
- Crushed black pepper, to taste
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 scallion, chopped
- 4 Tbsp Olive oil
- Heat olive oil on a medium heat in a deep skillet or pan.
- Sauté the onion along with the bay leaf until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add in the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the honey, fresh red chilli peppers, salt, pepper, cumin and vinegar and combine everything well.
- Add in the wine and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the mussels along with the chicken broth.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes until all the mussels are open.
- Remove the mussels to a separate pot or bowl.
- To the sauce, stir in butter and cook for a few minutes until it thickens up.
- Add back in the mussels along with the parsley and scallions.
- Stir well.
- Serve in a bowl along with fresh crusty bread!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]