How to make a Portuguese Octopus Salad.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 Kg octopus (frozen or fresh)
- Fresh parsley
- 1 onion
- Black pepper
- 1/4 of olive oil
- 1/4 of white vinegar
- If using a fresh octopus wash it and throw in a pot.
- If frozen, thaw it overnight.
- In a wide and deep pot, add salt to taste (not too much, because you can always add more) and a table spoon of olive oil (the 1/4 will be added later).
- Add enough water to the pot so that it just covers the octopus, but don’t fill to the top.
- After the water boils, let the octopus cook for another 40 minutes or until it feels tender, test with a fork.
- Since the octopus will be used in a salad, it’s not recommended that it’s too tender, but enough that a fork can go through it easily.
- While the octopus is cooking, chop the parsley and onion and add to a bowl with the olive oil and vinegar.
- Mix well together.
- Once the octopus is cooked, cut it into pieces and place in a deep platter and cover it with the mixture, add black pepper to taste and mix all of it and serve.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.