How to make a Portuguese Chicken Mozambique.
This is a popular and traditional Portuguese chicken recipe that is made with a variety of spices and simmered in a delicious sauce. You can serve it with rice, chips, boiled potatoes or mashed potatoes. Fresh crusty bread is essential for dipping in the delicious juice!
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 3 packets Sazon Goya Spice with saffron
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot small, minced
- 12 tbsps unsalted butter
- 2 tbsps red pepper sauce
- 8 oz white cooking wine or full flavour beer
- 2 tbsps fresh parsley
- Cut the chicken breasts into small cubes.
- Then mince your shallot, garlic and parsley.
- Add your butter, garlic and shallot to your stock pot.
- Stir fry until fragrant.
- Add the chicken pieces into the pot and cook with the garlic and shallots for about 5 minutes until the chicken is golden brown.
- Pour in the wine or beer, Sazon Goya Spice with saffron and pepper sauce.
- Stir fry for another 5 minutes.
- By this time the chicken should be cooked.
- Allow dish to simmer over low-medium heat for an additional 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley, and serve over white rice, chips, boiled potatoes, or mashed potatoes.