How to make a Portobello Mushroom Burger.
INGREDIENTS: Makes 1 Burger
For the Portobello Bun:
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 caps portobello mushroom caps
For the Burger Patty:
- 6 ounces organic grass fed beef
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat griddle to high heat.
- In a bowl, combine coconut oil and spices.
- Clean portobello mushrooms by scraping out the gills.
- Add Portobello caps and let them marinate until ready to grill the meat.
- In another bowl, combine your ground meat, mustard, salt, pepper and cheese.
- Form meat mixture into a rounded patty.
- Place “buns” on grill and let them cook for about 8 minutes – until heated through.
- Add burger to the grill and cook for 5 minutes per side (medium rare).
- Remove Portobello caps and burger from the grill, assemble and add your toppings of choice!
- Serve and enjoy!
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (PER SERVING):
- 668 calories
- 52.54 fats
- 7.37 net carbs
- 43.6 protein
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.