How to make a Pork Stew with Quinces.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- ¾ kilo pork meat, cut into chunks
- 3 medium sized quinces
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 Tsp honey
- 2 Tsp brown sugar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 75 cl Water
- In a large cooking pan heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the meat and sauté until all pieces are golden all over.
- Add onion and garlic and keep sautéing for a few minutes.
- Add half of the water, the cinnamon stick salt and pepper and let it simmer for 1 ½ hours.
- Peel, deseed and cut the quinces into chunks.
- Add the chunks to the pan, add honey and sugar, remained water and keep simmering for 1 ½ hours more until the quince is tender and the sauce is thick.
- Remove cinnamon stick, adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.