How to make Pork Scallopini.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 4 thin, boneless pork chops
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Pound out pork chops to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Press 2 sage leaves into 1 side of each pork chop.
- In large shallow bowl, mix flour, kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Dip each pork chop in flour mixture, gently turning on each side so sage leaves stay intact.
- Gently tap off excess flour.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1/2 tablespoon oil.
- Place 2 pork chops in the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until golden browned.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 more tablespoon butter and remaining oil.
- Cook remaining 2 pork chops and remove from pan.
- Wipe out any burnt or really crispy bits from the pan.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in pan over medium high heat.
- Add wine and capers and cook until reduced by half.
- Add chicken stock, lemon juice and a few lemon slices and bring to boil then add remaining tablespoon of butter and stir, cooking for 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add pork back to pan and warm in sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.