How to make Pork Piccata.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 14 oz ounce pork tenderloin
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- flour, to dredge the pork
- 1 Tbsp capers
- Italian flat parsley, minced
- Remove any skin from the pork tenderloin.
- Cut the pork across the tenderloin into 3/4 inch medallions.
- Pound the medallions to 1/4 inch thick.
- Season both sides of the pork with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Dredge the pork in the flour and fry until the edges start to turn white, about 60-90 seconds.
- Only add as much as will fit comfortably in one layer.
- Flip and cook another 45 seconds to one minute.
- You don’t want to overcook the pork.
- Remove pork from pan.
- Add remaining olive oil and repeat with the remaining pork.
- De-glaze the pan with the lemon juice, stirring constantly.
- When it has almost completely evaporated add the chicken stock and simmer for about 1 minute.
- Return the pork and accumulated juices to the pan to warm up the pork.
- Simmer about a minute.
- The flour from the pork will thicken the sauce slightly.
- Add the capers.
- Off heat add the remaining Tbsp butter to enrich the sauce.
- Jostle the pork around a bit to distribute the butter.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Sprinkle with Italian parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]