How to make Porcupine Meatballs.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 big carrot (grated)
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups water (or more as needed)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Mix the ground beef, rice, 1/2 cup water, onion, salt and black pepper.
- Roll the mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- In a large pan combine the tomato sauce and the remaining water and bring to a boil.
- Place meatballs into the pan and simmer with the lid closed for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the cabbage, carrot and bell pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper, add more water as needed.
- Cover the lid and simmer about 20-25 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.