How to make a Polish Tree Cake.
- 1 kg of butter
- 4 packets of vanilla sugar
- 40 eggs
- 1 kg of flour
- 1 liter of sour cream
- 2 lemons
- A traditional Sekacz is made by mixing 1 kg of butter with 4 packets of vanilla sugar until it dissolves. Add the egg yolks from 40 eggs and stir.
- Now, 1 kg of flour is slowly added to the egg yolk mixture and stirred.
- Then, you add 1 liter of sour cream, the juice from two lemons and some aroma, and mix it to get an even batter.
- Keep this batter aside and whisk the egg whites to get a thick, foamy texture. Now, you pour in the egg whites and get a fluffier cake.
- On an open fire or a big oven, the batter is gradually poured on a rolling pin. Baked for over 3 hours! But that’s not enough.
- Let it sit for 5 hours and only then, it solidifies and hardens enough to stand.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.