How to make Pistachio Cookies.
Pistachios are a great source of protein, fibre and nutrients. They are one of the most vitamin B6 rich foods around.
180g/ 6oz Plain flour (multipurpose).
55g/ 2oz White Sugar
125g/ 4.5oz Unsalted Butter
50g/ 2oz Pistachios, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 190c/ Gas 5/ 370F
- Mix the flour, sugar and butter in a bowl.
- Then rub together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs
- Bring together with your hands to form a dough.
- Then shape the dough into a log.
- Spread the pistachios out on a plate and roll the log in them.
- Cut the log into 10 slices each about 1.5cm thick.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper, or grease the oven tray with butter.
- Place the slices on the baking tray.
- Next pierce each slice twice with a fork.
- Bake for 10 mins until lightly golden, then leave to cool on a wire rack.