How to make Pilau Rice.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 25 g butter
- 1 large white onion sliced
- 3 cm stick of cinnamon
- 4 cardamom pods bashed
- 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 300 g basmati rice
- 600 ml boiling water
- Melt the butter very gently in a medium-sized saucepan. Add the sliced onion, cinnamon, bashed cardamom pods, cloves, turmeric, salt and bay leaves. Cover with a lid and cook on a low heat for 5-10 minutes until the onions are very soft but not brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the basmati rice and stir to coat the rice in the onions and spices.
- Pour in 600ml boiling water and bring back to the boil. Cover with a lid and turn the heat right down. Continue cooking for 8 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Turn the heat off completely (take the saucepan off the burner if you are using electric), but leave the lid on. Allow the rice to steam for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite curry.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.