How to make Pil Pil Cod.
Ingredients: Serves 2-4
- 4 steaks of de-salted cod
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Cayenne peppers, to your liking
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Heat up the clay pot (or pan) and add the oil, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Add the peeled garlics and the chillies to the oil.
- Simmer gently until the garlic is golden.
- Remove the garlic and the chillies and save them for the garnish.
- Add the cod to the same oil with the skin side down and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn it over and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove the cod and cover it to keep it warm.
- Take the pan off the heat and wait for the oil to cool down.
- Put the oil in a squeeze bottle, a high cup or a small jar.
- To emulsify the olive oil, use a bowl and a balloon whisk and add the oil in little by little as you whisk until getting a creamy yellow sauce.
- Cover the cod with the sauce and sprinkle with the fried garlic and chilli.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]