How to make Pickled Eggs.
Ingredients: Makes 12
- 12 medium eggs
- 750ml (1 1⁄2 pints) distilled vinegar
- 2 large mild chillies, sliced lengthways
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- 25g piece root ginger, sliced
- 2 tbsp peppercorns
- Hard-boil the eggs for 6 minutes and take off the shell.
- Bring vinegar to a boil in a saucepan, add chilli, shallots, ginger and peppercorns, return to the boil and remove immediately from the heat.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Pack eggs into one large Kilner or screwtop jar or several smaller ones.
- Pour cooled spiced vinegar onto eggs to cover completely.
- Cover jar tightly and store for 4 weeks or longer before use.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.