How to make a Peruvian Seafood Soup.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 1/2 lbs of seafood (clams, shrimp, mussels, scallops)
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 1/2 cup of white rice
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup of corn
- 1/2 finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 cup of coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups fish broth
- Process the coriander in the blender with 1/4 cup of water until creamy.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat, sauté the onion and garlic until they look soft and the onion is lightly golden.
- If you wish you can add the yellow peppers.
- Add the liquified coriander.
- Stir well.
- Incorporate the pepper, carrots, corn, rice, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat to a minimum, and cook with the lid on for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables and nice are soft.
- If you see that the soup is too thick add more broth or water.
- Add any extra seasoning if needed, add peas, seafood, first the clams, then the shrimp along with the mussels.
- Turn off the heat, incorporate the scallops and cover the pot.
- After two minutes uncover and serve immediately.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.