How to make a Peruvian Chilli Cheese Sauce.
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 fresh ají amarillo (or use ½ cup ají amarillo paste)
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup fresh white cheese, diced
- 4 soda crackers
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, and stir for about 4 minutes.
- Add the chopped ají and cook for 3 extra minutes.
- Beforehand you may slice the ají amarillo in half, take out the seeds and veins, and chop.
- Blanch them first to peel them easily.
- Turn off the heat and cool.
- Transfer the vegetables to a blender and process until creamy.
- Add milk, cheese, crackers, and salt.
- Process until very smooth, adding a little more milk if necessary.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.