How to make a Peruvian Chicken Stew.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 4 chicken legs and thighs
- White fluffy rice or pasta
- 4 medium sized yellow potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and cut in thin slices
- ½ cup green peas
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup sweet wine (optional)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Parsley sprigs
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Sear the chicken pieces until golden brown, turning once.
- Transfer to a bowl and reserve.
- Add the remaining oil to the saucepan and when hot, add the onion and garlic.
- Cook at medium-high heat, stirring every few minutes, until soft, for about 7 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and stir, cooking for 3 minutes.
- Put the chicken back in the saucepan, add the wine, bring to a boil, and add the chicken stock and the bay leaf.
- Cover, lower the heat and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, green peas and raisins.
- Continue cooking for 15 – 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Serve with rice or pasta and garnish with parsley sprigs.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]