Recipe submitted by: T.Fargo
Ingredients: (serves 6 people)
• 1 lb. (500g) Jumbo Shrimp (21-25/lb.), peeled and deveined
• 4 Cups (1 Liter) cold Water
• 4 Cups (1 Liter) ice Water
• 1 Bay leaf
• 1 tsp. Red Pepper flakes
• 1 tsp. Mustard seeds
• 4-5 whole Cloves
• 1 clove Garlic, halved
Place cold water and spices in a lidded pot over high heat until it boils.
Add shrimp, cook 1 minute uncovered.
Cover and then remove pot from heat for 2 minutes.
Use a slotted spoon or spider to remove shrimp and place them into the ice water.
Strain and refrigerate until chilled completely.
• 1 Cup Heinz Chili Sauce
• ¼ Cup Heinz Ketchup
• 1 ½ Tbsp. prepared Horseradish
• 1 tsp. prepared Wasabi (optional for the faint of heart)
• Juice of one Lemon (or two Limes)
Place in bowl, stir until combined (simple!).
Place into cocktail glasses, hanging some shrimp on the edge.
If making a platter, place chilled bowl of sauce and arrange shrimp around.
You can also follow T.Fargo on Twitter by clicking here.