How to make Peas and Poached Egg.
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, sliced finely
- 1 tsp capers
- knob of butter
- a few oregano leaves, torn
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- parmesan shavings (or crumbled feta)
- ground black pepper
- Boil the peas until tender and drain.
- Heat water to poach the egg.
- In a frying pan, melt a decent knob of butter on a low heat with the garlic.
- When aromatic, and the butter has foamed gently for a bit, squeeze in lemon juice.
- Poach the egg by breaking in gently to simmering water.
- Make the toast.
- Turn off the heat for the butter and toss the peas in the butter.
- Mix in capers and oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, place the peas mixed with a grating of parmesan.
- Arrange the egg on top with some ground black pepper.
- Serve with toast and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.