How to make Pasta with Huancaina Sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 6 fresh ají amarillo (or use ½ cup ají amarillo paste)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup fresh white cheese, diced
- 4 soda crackers
- 1 pound penne or any other pasta shape
- 1½ cups milk
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Parsley leaves to garnish
- Slice the ají amarillo in half, take out the seeds and veins, and chop.
- You may blanch them to peel easily.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, and stir for about 4 minutes.
- Add the chopped ají and cook for 3 extra minutes.
- Turn off the heat and cool.
- Transfer the vegetables to a blender vase.
- Add milk, cheese, crackers, and salt.
- Process until very smooth, adding a little more milk if necessary.
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan with salted boiling water.
- In the meantime, transfer the huancaína sauce to a skillet and heat over medium heat, adding the additional milk.
- Drain the pasta and combine with the huancaína sauce.
- Serve in four plates and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with parsley leaves.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.