How to make Pasta Bolognese with Lentils.
Ingredients: Serves 6
- 1 lb minced meat, browned (beef or lamb)
- 1 eggplant, peeled, cubed, sautéed until softened
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced, sautéed until softened
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cup red lentils, cooked
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1.1 L (4 1/2 cups) tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp each powdered garlic, cinnamon, red chilli flakes
- 500 g pasta, cooked al dente
- chopped parsley
- grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- hot pepper flakes
- In a large pot heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrot and celery and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add garlic, and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add all other ingredients, except for pasta and garnishes.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat to simmer and cook for an hour.
- Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Serve Bolognese over pasta and garnish with parsley, Parmigiano Reggiano and red pepper flakes.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]