How to make a Partridge Casserole.
INGREDIENTS: For 4 People
- 4 partridges
- 10 peppercorns
- 4 onions
- 8 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1 carrot, quartered
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- sprig of parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 125 ml Sherry vinegar
- 125 ml white wine
- 2 teaspoons salt, water
- Clean the partridges and tie them with string so they keep their shape.
- In a casserole dish or deep flameproof casserole, brown them slowly in the oil, then remove.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrot, bay, thyme, parsley, pepper, cloves, paprika, vinegar, wine and salt to the casserole.
- Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes.
- Return the partridges to the pan with enough water so they are barely covered with liquid and simmer until they are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the partridge cool in the liquid. Remove the strings from the birds and put them in a clean glass or ceramic pot.
- Strain the liquid over them and cover tightly.
- Refrigerate for at least two days.
- Serve the partridges, cut up, at room temperature, with a garnish of lettuce, tomato, hard-boiled eggs. Or strip the meat from the bones and add to stewed beans and reheat.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.