How to make a Panzanella Salad.
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- ¼ small red onion, sliced
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 2 slices day-old sourdough bread
- ½ medium red capsicum
- 1 small handful fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed (optional)
For the Dressing:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C (300°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Tear the bread into bite-sized pieces and place on the lined baking tray.
- Lightly spray the pieces of bread with oil spray and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until crunchy, turning halfway through the cooking time.
- Set aside to cool.
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Add the capsicum, skin side down, and cook for approximately 5-7 minutes, or until the skin starts to blister and char.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic film for 5 minutes to sweat.
- Peel off the skin and cut into 2cm pieces.
- To make the dressing, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Place the capsicum, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives, basil leaves, sourdough and capers, if using, in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle over the dressing and toss gently to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place the Panzanella salad in a serving bowl and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]