How to make Oven Baked Spaghetti.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
For the Sauce:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup Merlot
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Spaghetti:
- 1 lb thin spaghetti (cooked)
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup sharp cheddar (shredded)
- 1 cup mozzarella (shredded)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot.
- Add in the beef and Italian sausage.
- Brown and drain off fat.
- Add the onion and bell pepper.
- Sauté for 4-5 mins.
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 secs.
- Pour in the wine and stir for 30 secs.
- Add the remaining ingredients listed for the sauce and stir.
- Lower heat to a simmer and allow the sauce to cook for 30 mins uncovered.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, Italian seasoning and basil together until we’ll combined.
- Add the cooked and drained spaghetti to the mixture and stir until spaghetti is coated.
- In a 13×9 baking dish, ladle 1/2 cup of the sauce onto the bottom and spread it evenly.
- Add the spaghetti pasta on top.
- Cover the spaghetti evenly with the cheddar cheese.
- Pour over the rest of the sauce.
- Sparkle the Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Add more fresh basil (optional)
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 min.
- Allow 5-10 mins to cool before serving.