How to make an Orzo and Vegetable Soup.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1/2-3/4 cup orzo pasta
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup canned diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat 1 TBSP of olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté until tender, for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery and garlic and sauté for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add stock, tomatoes, orzo, thyme, oregano, rosemary and stir to combine.
- Bring soup to a simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente and the vegetables are tender.
- Add the spinach at the last minute and stir into the hot soup to wilt the greens.
- Give it a taste and season with salt and black pepper as desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.