How to make Orange Chicken Wings.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
20 Chicken Wings.
4 Blood Oranges, quartered.
3 Tablespoons of Icing Sugar.
For the Marinade:
3 Tablespoons of Runny Honey.
2 Garlic Gloves, crushed.
1/2 Teaspoon Chilli Powder.
1/2 Teaspoon of Smoked Paprika.
1 Tablespoon of Sweet Paprika.
Salt and Pepper.
Fresh Coriander ( cilantro), chopped.
2-3 Hours before cooking the chicken wings you need to prepare the marinade.
- In a bowl, add the honey and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the garlic, paprikas, chilli powder and season, with salt and pepper.
- Next add the chicken wings are mix well, so all the chicken is covered with the marinade.
- Now place in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- When ready, preheat the grill on a hot setting.
- Distribute the chicken wings on a baking tray.
- Place under the grill.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes on each side.
- As the chicken wings are cooking, spoon the icing sugar onto a small plate.
- Dip the orange wedges into the icing sugar, and place on a baking tray.
- Once the chicken wings are cooked place on a serving dish, and keep warm.
- Now place the orange quarters under the grill for a few minutes until they start to slighten blacked, then remove, you do not want them burnt.
- Distribute the orange quarters evenly over the chicken wings.
- Finally sprinkle the chicken wings with the fresh chopped coriander.