How to make Octopus and Shrimp Balls.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 1 Kg of pre-cooked octopus
- 6 shrimps
- 1 egg
- 1 sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 can of tomato purée
- ½ cup of fish stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Olive oil
- Remove the octopus from its packaging and slice the octopus tentacles and raw shelled shrimps into very small pieces.
- Next, mince 1 garlic clove, ¼ onion and 1 sprig of parsley as finely as possible.
- Leave the slice of bread to soak in milk.
- In a bowl, mix the octopus and shrimp together with the minced garlic, onion and parsley.
- Add the egg, the slice of bread with all excess milk squeezed out and salt, and combine everything together until you get a compact mixture.
- Now’s the time to form the octopus balls.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture, roll it into a ball and dip in the flour, tapping off any excess.
- Heat plenty of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the octopus and shrimp balls for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Remove, drain onto a platter lined with paper towels, and set aside.
- Strain some of the olive oil used in frying the octopus and shrimp balls into a saucepan, and sauté the remaining minced onion and 2 cloves of garlic on low heat.
- When the onions are almost translucent, add the can of tomato purée, fish stock and bay leaf.
- Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring every once in a while.
- Add the octopus and shrimp balls and leave to cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Season to taste and sprinkle some minced parsley on top of the octopus and shrimp balls.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.