How to make an Octopus Pasta Salad.
Ingredients: For 4 servings
- 1 package of pre-cooked octopus
- 300 g of dried pasta
- 150 g of cherry tomatoes
- 1 spring onion
- ½ yellow pepper
- 1 Italian green pepper
- 1 can of tuna
- Fresh parsley
FOR THE TOMATO VINAIGRETTE:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- 1 ripe tomato
- The first thing you should do is to take the package of the pre-cooked octopus out of the refrigerator to let it come to room temperature.
- If you’re using pre-cooked frozen octopus, you should let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator or leave it to sit in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes
- Then, place one litre of water for every 100 g of pasta with a tablespoon of salt and a bay leaf in a pot.
- Once the water comes to a full, rolling boil, add the pasta.
- Leave it to cook for the amount of time indicated on its packaging.
- Once cooked, drain and rinse under cold running water.
- Drain again and drizzle with a little oil to prevent sticking.
- Set aside for later.
- Next, slice the ingredients to be added to the octopus pasta salad.
- Start by slicing the octopus into slices that are not too thick.
- Then, brunoise the vegetables, peppers and spring onion, and slice the cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Lastly, make the vinaigrette.
- To do this, emulsify 3 parts olive oil to 1 part vinegar.
- Beat vigorously using a fork, and add the salt and the peeled and grated tomato.
- Beat well until the vinaigrette has emulsified.
- In a bowl or deep dish, place the cooked pasta, scatter the sliced vegetables on top, add the octopus and can of tuna, and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
- Stir everything together until everything is well mixed.
- You can eat it as soon as you make it or you can leave it in the refrigerator to let the octopus pasta salad rest and absorb the flavour of the vinaigrette.
- Before serving, sprinkle some minced fresh parsley on top.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.