How to make Mussels with Chistorra and White Wine.
Ingredients to serve 4 people:
- 2kg fresh mussels, cleaned
- 4 banana shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 guindilla chilli or ½ tsp of dried chilli flakes
- 2 chistorra sausage
- 200ml white wine
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Wash the mussels under plenty of cold, running water. Discard any open ones that won’t close when tapped on the shell. Pull out the tough, fibrous beards protruding from between the tightly closed shells and then knock off any barnacles with a large knife. Give the mussels another quick rinse to remove any little pieces of shell.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and when hot fry the Chistorra sausage for about 3 minutes until nicely browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Drain some of the excess oil from the pan and add the chopped garlic, shallots and dried guindilla chilli or chilli flakes and cook on a medium heat until soft. It will take about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the mussels and wine, turn up the heat, then cover and steam them open in their own juices for 3-4 minutes. Give the pan a good shake every now and then.
- Add the chopped parsley and remove from the heat. Spoon into four large warmed bowls and serve with lots of crusty bread.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.