How to make Mussels in Vinaigrette.
- 1 tablespoon diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced roasted piquillo pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced scallion
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup mild extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 slice lemon
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 dozen mussels
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
Mix the peppers, scallion, capers, parsley, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Clean the mussels carefully, discarding any that are open. In a 6 quart pot, sauté the garlic in a little olive oil until translucent. Add the wine, water and slice of lemon to the pot and bring to a boil. Add the mussels and cover for a few minutes. Remove mussels when they open and set them aside to cool.
Remove the mussels from their shells and add to the bowl of fresh ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight. Rinse and reserve half of the shells. Place shells in a plastic bag and refrigerate.
The following day, place a mussel in each shell and spoon a small amount of the marinade over each one. Serve while still chilled.