How to make Mussels in Pickled Sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 2-4
- 2 kg mussels
- 1 glass of white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 100 ml virgin olive oil
- 100 ml white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sweet or spicy paprika
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Clean the mussels very well and put them in a saucepan with a glass of white wine.
- Cover with a top lid and cook up to medium heat until all mussels are open.
- When ready drain and keep the broth aside, remove the shells and reserve the cooked meat.
- Low heat in a saucepan the olive oil with the garlic finely chopped.
- Let it cook until they get a brown colour.
- Then add the bay leaves chopped, along with the paprika.
- Stir constantly otherwise you can burn the paprika.
- Quickly pour the white wine vinegar and the broth from cooking the mussels, stir for a couple of minutes and stop the heat.
- Try and add a pinch of salt if it is needed, but usually is not necessary.
- Pour the marinade over the mussels.
- Let it cool to room temperature.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.