How to make Mushroom Stuffed Pork Chops.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 4 pork rib chops, about 3/4 inch thick, (about 2 1/2 lb)
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms (7 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Trim fat from pork chops.
- Make a pocket in each pork chop by cutting into side of chop toward the bone.
- In a 12-inch ovenproof skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat.
- Cook onion, mushrooms and garlic in oil for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the broth, the bread crumbs and parsley.
- Remove from heat.
- Fill each pocket with about 1/3 cup mushroom mixture and secure with toothpicks.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat.
- Cook pork chops in oil for about 6 minutes, carefully turning once, until brown.
- Pour remaining broth into skillet.
- Cover skillet with foil and bake for 1 hour or until pork is no longer pink and a meat thermometer inserted in center reads 145°F.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]