How to make a Mushroom and Chorizo Quesadillas.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- ½ lb chorizo, removed from casings
- ½ lb cremini mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 4 fresh corn tortillas
- ½ pound Oaxaca, Asadero, Quesillo, or Monterey jack cheese, cut into cubes or torn into small pieces
- ½ tablespoon oil
- Add the chorizo to a frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook about 10 minutes, breaking up the meat into small pieces.
- Add the mushrooms, mix with the chorizo, and continue cooking for another 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are soft and the juices reduced.
- Using a spatula, scrape the chorizo and mushroom filling into a bowl.
- Carefully wipe out any remaining bits and turn the heat to medium low.
- Add a corn tortilla to pan, top with 1/4 of the cheese and 1/4 of the chorizo and mushroom filling.
- Fold the tortilla in half and let it cook for about 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.