How to make a Moroccan Rabbit Stew.
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 250g diced rabbit
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 carrot, diced
- A handful of medjool dates, stones removed and halved
- Juice of half a lemon
For the Marinade:
- 1 tbsp Ras el hanout
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger
- Juice and zest of (another) lemon
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together then combine with the rabbit.
- Leave for a few hours.
- Heat oil in an oven proof pot.
- Remove as much marinade as possible from the meat and brown.
- Remove the meat from the pan.
- Add a little more oil, then the onion.
- Soften for a couple of minutes, then add the carrot, dates and leftover marinade.
- Add 200ml water, cover, and put in the oven at 180C for an hour and a half, stirring occasionally.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into long chunks, then par boil.
- Add these to the pot and cook for another half hour.
- Remove from the oven, add the juice of half a lemon, chopped mint, put in serving dish then scatter with a little more chopped mint.
- Serve with cous cous, flat bread and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.