How to make Moroccan Mussels and Chick Peas.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 2 lbs fresh mussels
- 16 oz. jar Mina Shakshuka Sauce
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 14.5 ounce can chick peas drained and rinsed
- Fresh herbs (parsley and/or cilantro)
- Toasted pita bread, for serving
- Rinse the mussels under cold running water.
- Discard any with broken shells and those that do not close after being rinsed.
- In a wide heavy skillet with a lid, bring the sauce and the stock to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir in the chick peas.
- Season the broth to taste with salt.
- Stir in the mussels and cover.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 6-8 minutes, or until the mussels open.
- Discard any mussels that do not open after cooking.
- Top with chopped fresh herbs and serve with toasted pita bread.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]