How to make Moroccan Lamb Casserole.
This rich Moroccan Lamb Casserole is flavoured with deliciously sweet, mild and aromatic spices as well as honey and apricots and makes a delicious favourite for all the family.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 450 g (1 lb) lamb, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 sachet Moroccan Lamb Casserole Powder
- 200 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 300 ml (½ pint) water
- 50 g (2 ounce) dried apricots and/or sultanas
- 25 g (1 ounce) flaked almonds (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
- Heat the oil, fry onion and lamb for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain excess liquid.
- Transfer to a casserole dish, add tomatoes, apricots and sultanas.
- Mix sachet contents with water and add to casserole dish.
- Stir, cover and cook for 1½-2 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Top with flaked almonds and serve with couscous.