How to make a Moroccan Harira Soup.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 500g minced lamb
- 25g soup noodles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 ripe medium tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 60g red lentils
- 600ml cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- lemon slices
- ground cinamon
- Heat the oil in a large pan or flameproof casserole dish and fry the lamb and onion for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Peel the tomatoes, by plunging them into boiling water to loosen the skins.
- Wait for them to cool a little before peeling of the skins.
- Cut them into quarters and add to the lamb with the herbs and spices.
- Place the lentils in a sieve and rinse under cold running water, then drain the chickpeas.
- Add both to the pan with the water.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the baby onions or small shallots and cook for a further 30 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the noodles 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Serve the soup when the noodles are tender, garnished with coriander, lemon slices and cinnamon.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]