How to make Monkfish with Galician Garlic Sauce.
This Monkfish with Galician Garlic Sauce is a simple dish, it is so easy that anyone can do it. There is only one thing that should not be neglected whilst cooking this delicious dish, and that is not to overcook the fish, and also that the paprika does not burn when you add it to the pan.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 1 Kg monkfish
- 4 medium potatoes.
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 100 g fresh or frozen peas
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (optional)
- The potatoes are cut into thick slices and the monkfish into four pieces.
- Cook the potatoes in salted water for 20 minutes.
- At fifteen minutes, that is, five minutes before the 20 minutes is completed, add the frozen peas and the fish.
- Both peas and fish do not need more than five minutes to cook.
- As at the time of adding it to the pot, the cooking is interrupted momentarily until the food returns to the boil, you can add a minute extra, but no more, or you will reduce the flavour of both the fish and the peas.
- Put a pan on the fire with the oil, slice the garlic and add it, when it begins to toast add the onion cut into slices, let it poach, put a little salt and remove the pan, let the oil warm for about 3 or 4 minutes, add the paprika and stir well until mixed.
- Then add the tablespoon of vinegar and stir.
- Serve and add the garlic sauce all over.