How to make Migas from Extremadura.
- 500 grams of stale Spanish white bread
- 5-10 tablespoons of milk
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 150 grams of diced bacon
- 200 grams of chorizo, cut into thin slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into slices
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- Half a teaspoon of mild paprika
- Pinch of more spicy paprika
Dice the bread the day before you want to use it.
Place in a bowl and sprinkle over the milk.
Leave overnight to absorb.
Heat the oil in a cast iron skillet and fry the bacon.
Add the sausage and sliced bell pepper, then fry.
Add the garlic and bread.
Stir frequently and cook until golden.
Season with salt and paprika and serve while very hot.