How to make a Middle Eastern Bean Salad.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 2 cans red kidney beans
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 2 1/2 cups chopped mini cucumbers
- 1 lb vine ripened tomatoes, finely chopped (16oz/454g)
- 3/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 bunch parsley (1 1/2 cup finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sumac or more to taste
- Rinse really well the beans, then drain them.
- Set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Chop all of the ingredients as needed, then combine in the large mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Serve as desired.
- Keep covered in the refrigerator for up to three days.