How to make a Microwave Chorizo, Potato and Pepper Omelette.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 225g/8oz medium new potatoes, washed
- 15ml/1tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 50g/2oz chorizo sausage, sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 25g/1oz cheddar cheese, grated
- freshly ground black pepper
- Prick the potatoes all over with a fork and place in a micro-proof bowl.
- Add a splash of water, cover the bowl with an upturned plate and microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes, stirring once, until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- Slice the potatoes.
- Place the pepper and oil in a micro-proof 20cm/8in wide shallow dish.
- Cover with an upturned plate and cook on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the potatoes and chorizo.
- Beat the eggs with seasoning and pour over the hot vegetables.
- Stir well.
- Cover with an upturned plate and cook on HIGH for 90 seconds.
- Stir well, pushing the cooked egg into the middle of the dish, shake to level.
- Cover with the plate and cook on HIGH for a further 2 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 3 minutes.
- Scatter over the cheese and cook on HIGH for 1 minute until the cheese has melted or if liked brown under a hot grill.
- Remove from the dish and cut into wedges.
- Serve warm or cold.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]