How to make a Mexican Paprika Chicken and Bean Stew.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 450 g (1 lb) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 250 g (9 ounce) basmati rice
- 500 ml (17 fluid ounce) cold water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Fajita Seasoning
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon Paprika
- 400 g tin mixed beans, drained
- 200 ml (7 fluid ounce) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoons Coriander Leaf
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- sea salt, to taste
- Place the rice in a pan with a tight fitting lid.
- Add the water and a pinch of Salt, cover with a lid and place on a medium heat.
- Gently simmer for 8-10 minutes, trying not to remove the lid too often.
- Once all the water has been absorbed, remove from the heat, leave the lid on and let it steam for 10 minutes.
- Whilst the rice is cooking heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Once hot, add the onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chicken, peppers, Fajita Seasoning and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tinned tomatoes, Paprika and mixed beans and bring to a simmer.
- Then stir in the stock, bring to a simmer and cook everything together for 7-8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, stir through the coriander leaf and season to taste.
- Serve the stew on a bed of rice topped with a little sour cream.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.