How to make Mexican Meatballs.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 500g ground beef
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 85g grated cheddar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Salsa:
- 400g peeled tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- a handful parsley, finely chopped
- lime juice to taste
- Pre-heat the convection oven to 190C degrees.
- Cut the jalapeño pepper into small pieces on a large cutting board.
- Add the chopped pepper to a large bowl along with the remaining meatball ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients well with your hands in the bowl.
- Form the minced meat into approximately 15 meatballs.
- Put the balls on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the balls for about 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Make the salsa by adding all the salsa ingredients to a blender.
- Turn on the blender until the salsa has the desired consistency.
- Add the salsa to a bowl and put it covered in the fridge for a while.
- Serve the meatballs with the salsa and sour cream and spring onion if desired.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.