How to make Mexican Fried Rice.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, diced (white or brown)
- 1/2 red bell pepper / capsicum, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup tinned black beans (drained)
- 1 cup tinned corn kernels (drained) (or frozen corn)
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Optional: 1 1/2 cups protein (chicken, pork, beef), shredded or diced
- 6 tbsp enchilada sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix.
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Add garlic and cook for 10 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until the onion becomes translucent – about 2 minutes.
- If you are using uncooked protein, add it and sauté until just cooked through.
- Add the black beans and corn. If you are using cooked proteins (like shredded cooked chicken) add it at the same time. Cook for 1 minute just to heat through.
- Add the rice and sauce and stir quickly to coat the rice evenly.
- Check seasoning and add more salt if you require it. Amount of salt required depends on the saltiness of the enchilada sauce you are using.
- Season with black pepper and serve immediately.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.