How to make Mexican Drowned Eggs.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 4 Eggs
- 4 medium Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 medium Onion, roughly chopped
- 2 minced Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Pasilla Chilli
- 300ml Water
- De-vein and de-seed the Pasilla chilli and rip it up before putting it into a small cup of boiled water for 5 minutes to rehydrate it.
- Put a little lard or butter into a pan and melt it.
- Begin to cook the onion, garlic and Pasilla chilli in this pan on a low heat for 5 minutes .
- Add the tomatoes and turn the heat up, cook for a further 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
- Blend the contents of the pan until fairly smooth and add water to reach a gravy like consistency.
- Pour the sauce back into the pan and bring back to the heat.
- Crack the eggs directly into it, spacing them out so they do not join together and then cook for a further 3-5 minutes until the white is set but the yellow is runny and then serve it up with tortillas.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.