How to make Mexican Chicken with Spicy Pickled Vegetables.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 2 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons pickling spice
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast (halved)
- 1 sliced onion
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 sliced yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeño chilli with seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Boil both broth and pickling spice in heavy large saucepan for 10 minutes.
- Strain broth mixture into a small bowl and return liquid to saucepan.
- Add chicken, onion, vinegar, garlic, oil and cumin to pan.
- Simmer over very low heat until chicken is just cooked through for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken and onions to shallow dish.
- Top with bell peppers and minced chilli.
- Boil cooking liquid for about 10 minutes, or until reduced to about 2/3 cups.
- Pour liquid over chicken and let it cool for about 30 minutes.
- Add cilantro to chicken mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
- Slice chicken and transfer to plates.
- Top with marinated vegetables and serve with rice or make into soft tacos.